Monday, December 9, 2013

ModCloth: Ladies Brunch Cupcake Dress



 I recently made my very first ModCloth purchase. I have been looking at ModCloth for over a year, but wasn't sure of sizing. Their stuff can be pricey and normally here in Canada you get hit with duties and courier fees. These things have been holding be back from ordering.
When a friend posted a $15 off coupon and a link to this dress that was already 50% off, I couldn't refuse. I ended up getting the dress for $25.


I can't say I have ever worn a cutesy Christmas dress, but I thought the print was super sweet. You can't tell from my photos, but the cupcakes have soft silver glitter added to the tops of them. It gives the dress just a little added touch of shimmer, which is nice. This dress has pockets as well that is always a super touch.


I wore this dress to my father in Laws Birthday dinner. I think it was the perfect dress for this event. I had quite a few people come up to me at the buffet to comment on my dress.


I ordered this dress in a size 4X. The dress is 90% Polyester, 10% Spandex so I figured it would have a tiny bit of stretch. I was surprised to find that it did not. That was fine because the 4X did fit perfect. I'm a 26/28 bottom. For the dolls out there that have been concerned with sizing like I was, you can totally make this style of dress work at my size.



I styled my Christmas cupcakes dress with a crop fur collar sweater. I picked this up at Torrid last winter. You can no longer get this sweater. However, they currently have this jacket that is equally saucy. My winter white tights are from We Love Colors in size E. 



If your a new customer and interested in picking something up from Modcloth, here is a coupon for $15 off!!! They currently have lots of sales for the holidays.

4 comments:

  1. So adorable and holiday-perfect! The dress looks great with that bright hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweater!
    http://cherizangelandstyleluvin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete