Monday, February 10, 2014

Hell Bunny Colorado Dress




 





I have to apologize for the lack of posts lately. There are so many new things I have picked up and I have been dieing to blog. It has been so cold here in Canada that I have not wanted to get out of my flannels. I'm really dieing for spring so I can wear and show off some of my new dresses. I'm really going to try and kick it up a notch and post at least once a week. I have also been pretty busy lately with Everyday is like Halloween. I assumed I would get slow after the holidays, but that has not been the case. Thanks to everyone who has been buying my creations. I love making new and unique pieces for you.
This past weekend I had double family birthdays so I decided to put away the long johns and put on something pretty. The dress I picked out for the event was Hell Bunny's Colorado dress. This dress is covered in a bandana print and is available in classic bandana colors, red, blue and black. I have to admit the first time I saw this dress, I didn't think much of it. I didn't give it a second look. It wasn't until I saw this dress on Michelle of Sweet Echo Plus that I had to have it. It's is such a flattering dress. I totally love the cut of the neck line and the way the dress tappers in at my waist. Another major plus is the pockets. Who doesn't love a pocket? At first I was a little concerned that this style would not look good on me or that it would not even fit. Most of the items I have bought from HB have had a stretchy back panel that help accommodate my large bust. This dress has no stretch and no panels. Considering Hell Bunny's size chart only goes up to a 48" bust, I think this dress fits pretty great. My bust is 52". I'm wearing the Colorado dress in a size 4X. I wanted to address the arm holes for this dress. I'm part of a group on Facebook called Fattoo. Some of the girls in this group had expressed concern about the arm holes on some of the Hell Bunny dresses. My upper arms are 18" and I have no problem with the arm holes on this dress. I think if your arms are above 20" the holes will be tight. I don't imagine it would be a costly fix to have them made a bit bigger, However, I wanted to address the fact the arm holes were not stretchy or large. 
I can't express now wonderful it is to find a dress that fits you like a glove and makes you feel like a sexy vixen. This dress is everything!!

If you wanted to pick this dress up, it's currently in stock in sizes 2X-4X. You can find it  HERE.  The Colorado has been out for quite sometime so I would image once it's sold out, it will not
be re-stocked.


Additional items I'm wearing....





Necklace and Flower:      Everyday is like Halloween


5 comments:

  1. Love the look. Could you wear the shoes for more than just glamour? I am going to need some real shoes but I am always afraid they will not be wide enough…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will wear the shoes a lot though the spring and summer. I had been looking for something that would go well with my pin up dresses, but was a flat. My foot is neither wide nor narrow. I would think I fall somewhere in the middle. These fit nice and are not tight at all though the width of my foot. Shoes are always kind of hard to order online. I think returns and exchanges are pretty easy with ModCloth. I would look into it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, as usual :)
    I love this dress ! I bought it last summer because I was doing an important presentation and I wanted to be me. I had only compliments for the dress and the print. I love it so much that I bought the red skirt (I thought about buying the dress in red but I am trying to get rid of the habit of buying a dress in every colour as long as it fits. Talk about being traumatised about what you could wear on not. Well...).
    Regarding the arm holes, I would have said "What?" But recently I bought the Madden Dress and it was so tight around my arms. Really - hurtingly - tight. Really I don't understand how they could design a plus size dress with arm holes like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got the Claudia 50s Dress and the arm holes are super tiny. I have to cram my arms into them. Hopefully they fix the arms soon.

      Delete
  4. You truly embody the Hell Bunny ethos. And I'm super jealous of your hair. When mine was pink, I never achieved that much vibrancy.

    ReplyDelete