Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Push Th' Little Daisies....Fat Girl Flower Power.




I can't help, but think of Ween's Push Th' Little Daisies every time I see a daisy. It's delightful and a curse at the same time. Push is one of those songs that get stuck in  your head. While it's fun and quirky for the first 20 minutes or so, after a while you just want to pull your hair out. I apologize in advance to anyone who clicked the video above. Ahhhh the 90s...Your coming back with a vengeance aren't you.

 



This month's Ahead Of The Curve blog hop themes "Big girls can't wear prints?" I say, "screw that noise!" Big girls can wear anything they damn well please and look good wearing it. I think most of us have fallen victim to believing the fashion rules handed down by our mothers or grandmothers. At least I feel most women my age have. It took me a long time to break away from these rules and learn to rock something that wasn't black. I have spent the better part of my life cloaked in only black, trying to hide every roll and bump. I always told myself , "Stina you only like black because you are goth" *Cough* Poppycock! While I have always lived and love a darker spookier lifestyle wearing only black clothes really was mostly about hiding my body. After all goths can wear red and purple too:) HA!




So here I stand older and much wiser kicking forth some daisy print fierceness. If you had told me five years ago I would be wearing a primary colored daisy print dress, I would have thought you'd lost your mind. Today I'm still myself all goth spooky, but I'm wearing what I want and not giving two eff's what anyone else thinks. 


Talk about a 360!! I just took a little inventory of my blog and there's no all black outfits! Huh! What is going on? Sure, I have many photos that convey my love for the macabre, but it doesn't have to be about hiding my body in black anymore. The whole thing is very freeing. Hold up, I think I might be having a moment of enlightenment here...


FREEDOM!!!



For anyone that might be interested my dress is from eShakti. While this dress is no longer in stock you can get oodles of amazing dresses on this site. I order from them all of the time and love that you can have every item customized for only $7!!! $7 to have something fit my body perfect? Deal, sold. They carry size 0-36W.
If you are new to eShakit you can use code LILYNZDG at checkout to receive  $30 off your first order. They have so many nice pieces for the holidays. Plus almost all their dresses have pockets. Woot!

I wanted to finish off my post today with images of beautiful curvy women in floral print. Some of these women I know. Others are just photos of women I found online. Each and every one of these dolls are beaming with beauty and confidence. I love all this flower power!!!



 













Here are the links for all the lovely ladies above...






Our new Ahead Of The Curve banner was designed by Elizabeth M.Tamny. Check out her page and show her some love.

You can now follow Ahead Of The Curve on our new Facebook page. "Like" us so you know when and where to look for our posts.


We are a collective of plus size bloggers coming together to post on the same subject. This month we each have written a post responding to the oft heard point of view “Big Girls Can’t Wear Prints?” so check them out by clicking on each link:
















8 comments:

  1. Great post! You make that dress look good! I really loved seeing all the other ladies in florals too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Hell yeah @ people wearing what they want to regardless of their size :D

    However, I'm disappointed to see the images at the bottom without links to any of those ladies' blogs. I recognize pictures from Zero Style Blog and Cupcake's Clothes, and I'm sure there are others. Imagine how you would feel if someone reposted your pictures without any kind of credit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your 100% right Sonya. Totally an oversight and thanks for pointing it out.
      They have been added now.

      Stina
      xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I really appreciate this. I really enjoy your blog and look forward to reading more of it :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for including me with these awesome women. Loving the pink hair and that cute little dress and I love your daisies Stina, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you put your themes together, Stina. And that dress! I neeeeeeed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I read the title that song was stuck in my head! Great dress, you look baberly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute dress! I'm so loving your hair.
    http://cherizangelandstyleluvin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete